Answered

sonos roam update error code 1013

• 15 June 2023
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Keep getting this error code , have troubleshooted as indicated still not able to update 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 15 June 2023, 13:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

See this link…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/error-1013-when-updating-sonos

I would start by first rebooting your local router and whilst that’s taking place power off/on the Roam (5+ second press on rear power button, wait 10 seconds and power it on again) …and then try the update again.

I am also getting the same error setting up a new device and the desktop app is not updating. I have not run a wireshark capture on it yet, seeing multiple 1013 errors reported in the last day, it looks like the Sonos software update service is down.

I am also getting the same error setting up a new device and the desktop app is not updating. I have not run a wireshark capture on it yet, seeing multiple 1013 errors reported in the last day, it looks like the Sonos software update service is down.

Note the desktop controller App cannot be used to setup devices - its system administration features were removed a long time ago. You need to use a mobile controller device. If the desktop controller fails to update, then it’s often suggested to uninstall the controller and then download the latest version from this LINK. On install/opening the updated App, accept the T&C’s and then connect the App back to the ‘existing’ Sonos system on the local network subnet.