Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Roam Stopped Working

• 28 May 2024
  • 5 replies

On charge my two year old Roam sits there with the orange light on at the bottom but that’s it.  It won’t switch on.  I use only the approved Sonos charger which I normally use through the Sonos inductive base but I have also tried through the USB C port.  I have tried holding the power button down for 30 secs but nothing.  I have found it impossible to get any help from Sonos.  I’ve tried the published email support only to get a reply that it’s no longer active.  I tried phoning 0800 026 1526, was put on hold and told the wait would be 40 mins, after an hour I gave up.  I have a house full of other Sonos speakers and am now worried that I’ve been dealing with a company with no support!  Does anyone out there know what I can do with my dead Roam?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting the Roam by following these instructions:

Standard Reboot

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the power button on the back of your Roam product for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.

Force Reboot

If your Roam appears to be stuck or frozen, you can perform a Force Reboot by holding down the button on the back of Roam for 15 seconds, or until light above the Sonos logo turns on again.

Have you read my complaint?  If you had you would realise that everything you suggest doesn’t work.  Please send me a phone number where there is someone at the other end or an email that actually reaches someone

Have you read my complaint?  If you had you would realise that everything you suggest doesn’t work.  Please send me a phone number where there is someone at the other end or an email that actually reaches someone

People are saying the wait time is like 1-2 hours to speak to someone. No email. There is live chat apparently. 

Live chat with a bot?  When was a bot alive?

Userlevel 2
Badge

This happened to my original roam a year or so ago. I chatted to Sonos support via the live chat and they ran a test and my speaker had an issue. Whilst it was out of warranty they replaced it as it was clearly a known issue with a number of speakers! The reply to me basically admitted that.  I’d persevere with the live chat if you can. I also noticed that since the recent app upgrade my Roam has decidedly become “unroamable!” it keeps dropping out from my system too. It might be a network issue but stability on my network has never been an issue before.