Answered

Sonos Roam /Sonos One as TV Audio

• 25 October 2022
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have Apple TV with AirPlay but cannot get it to connect to Sonos Roam via bluetooth - constantly says PIN is incorrect; style of PIN on bottom of speaker is NNN-NN-NNN. Any ideas why this won’t work?

Also about to get Chromecast with Google TV (latest version); can this use Sonos Roam or One speakers as audio output?

Thank’s in advance :-) 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 October 2022, 01:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It’s not the speaker PIN, it’s the Airplay PIN. I think you need to switch it off. See here for how to resolve that:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1230

Ah sorry @gdub I missed your other question. I believe the Chromecast TV supports a Bluetooth speaker connection, albeit some issues have been reported, as seen in this LINK.

All being well though, you can likely connect its BT transmitter to the Roam and ‘group’ that with your other Sonos devices on the same WiFi network subnet. Don’t quote me though as I’ve never used that particular Google device.

edit: An Amazon FireTV Stick definitely works using a Bluetooth link (as described above) as I’ve tested that myself. 👍