Answered

Sonos Roam skipping or repeating songs

• 26 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I'm having this issue, specifically with the Roam (I have other speakers, including the Move that don't seem to be having this problem). Is anyone else having this issue, where the Roam is skipping or repeating songs? 

icon

Best answer by ashurley86 27 April 2021, 08:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Usually, that’s an indication that the speaker (your Roam, in this case), is having challenges staying connected to your signal. If a device disconnnects, then reconnects, often a service restarts the stream.

There are a bevy of reasons around this, mostly having to do with wifi interference , so it’s worth reading through that FAQ. The Roam, and the Move, in particular, also have the potential to exist at the periphery of the wifi signal, and might be affected by that. 

But at the end of the day, your best bet would be to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Usually, that’s an indication that the speaker (your Roam, in this case), is having challenges staying connected to your signal. If a device disconnnects, then reconnects, often a service restarts the stream.

There are a bevy of reasons around this, mostly having to do with wifi interference , so it’s worth reading through that FAQ. The Roam, and the Move, in particular, also have the potential to exist at the periphery of the wifi signal, and might be affected by that. 

But at the end of the day, your best bet would be to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Hi 

Thanks for your response - because it was repeating songs, it seemed like a different issue to connectivity problems (I've had songs skip before and that was due to my previous WiFi speeds).

I have now solved the issue - for some reason, since I played Spotify through Spotify Connect on the Roam, even when I played Spotify through the Sonos app, it was also playing through Spotify Connect (it's never done this with my other speakers).

I went into Spotify and selected 'Forget device' for the Roam. I haven't had the problem since.

I just thought I'd share in case anyone else had this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ashurley86 

Thanks for updating the thread with your fix. It’s very interesting.