Answered

Sonos Roam randomly starts playing

Badge

I have a Roam, two Ones and a Beam (the latter 3 are grouped).

When I’m listening to Spotify (on any device) it randomly stops and starts playing on the Roam. This happens when I’m listening on another device on my network but also when I’m not even home and just listening on my phone or in the car. Always to the Roam, not any of the others.

I thought it might be a Spotify issue so I logged out of all devices and then reauthenticated. Just after I did that it randomly started playing a podcast (I use Pocketcast). Shortly after I turned it off it played another spotify track. The tracks it picks are very random too - not songs I would listen to.

I’ve checked my network and nobody has sneaked on without my knowledge. At any rate, it is playing my media, just not what I’m asking.

Any idea what is going on??

icon

Best answer by buzz 6 June 2022, 02:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Are you playing Spotify using the Spotify App or the SONOS controller? Obviously, you cannot play Spotify through the SONOS controller while you are away from your system, but try playing Spotify using the SONOS controller and make a point of force closing the Spotify App.

Badge

I sometimes use either. Doesn’t seem to make a difference.