sonos roam orange light not switching on

• 30 April 2021
  • 4 replies

New sonos Roam, hardly used it yet.  Charged it up, came to use it properly and would not switch on.  Assume no charge.  Plugged into Apple usb c charger so plenty of charging capacity.  All I have is a full orange light.  Cannot switch on and the app can’t see it?  Is this a fault or am I just being an idiot? (Be kind) 🙂. Also note when I unplug the device I get a flashing orange light?  That suggests overheating? But that can’t be it’s not been used!!  When I first got it, I synced up to my app played a couple of tunes etc, so this is not a first time install it did work.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Can you perhaps post an image showing the power-output details on the charger.

I'm having the exact same issue....Sonos Roam less then 3 weeks old and only used once.

Went out of town for a week and left unplugged. When I came back, unit was unresponsive when I tried to power on, so I plugged in to charge. Immediately got the solid orange light..changing to blinking orange when I unplug.

I've tried on 2.4A and 4.2A blocks.

I'm having the exact same issue....Sonos Roam less then 3 weeks old and only used once.

Went out of town for a week and left unplugged. When I came back, unit was unresponsive when I tried to power on, so I plugged in to charge. Immediately got the solid orange light..changing to blinking orange when I unplug.

I've tried on 2.4A and 4.2A blocks.

You will likely need to leave the Roam on charge for about 20 mins+ with the 5v/2.4A charger to get the device to show - so try that. I think the 4.2A block is a little too high power-output to use.

Jeez, if sonos was going to make the charging so delicate...they probably should have included a block.