Answered

Sonos Roam not showing in the System

• 26 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I installed a new Sonos Roam to my actual system, composed by some Ones, some Symfonisk and a Sonos Boost. After the process the Roam is not showing up in my System, but strangely if I chose the option “Change Network” I have the option to change its network together with the other speakers.

My network is composed by a Salt Fiber Box (Swiss Provider) with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network, and the boost connected to it.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 April 2021, 21:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

1. The Roam doesn’t connect to a SonosNet network, which is what your BOOST is providing.
  2. The Roam should connect to either your 2.4Ghz or your 5Ghz wifi channel just fine, and assuming that there’s no client isolation being done by your router, it should be able to be seen by the rest of your Sonos devices.

It may be worth connecting to your normal speakers, and then submitting a system diagnostic , and calling Sonos Support to discuss it. It’s entirely possible that they’ve got knowledge already around your specific router, and how it can be adjusted, if that’s truly what’s going on. However, there may be other  information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.