Answered

Sonos Roam - led status - meaning?

• 10 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Has anyone experienced a solid red status light (to0 led) and flashing red battery light (bottom led)?

I have read the info pertaining to what colour means what but the combination above is not covered, I have tried soft and hard resets to no avail. The speaker will not ‘reboot’ or enter into set up mode. I will connect it to power to see if the battery has run so low that it has upset the delicate piece of electronics. This is the second time I have had a strange combination of lights and tech support talked me through some troubleshooting not on the website although I am not sure 100% that they knew what the issue was and it was resolved by coincidence and trial and error. Has anyone else had this issue? The lights are definitely red. Not orange. Could be a hardware fault? Is the unit faulty. Not been happy with the speaker’s reliability in all. Sounds great but is problematic in connecting to multiple phones using simple Bluetooth. What must us be so complicated!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 November 2023, 14:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

What are you using to charge the Roam? Ideally you should use a 5V/2A (10W) USB power adapter or use the Sonos wireless charger.

Here is the LED states FAQ. 

Thanks all. Using the charger supplied and have seen the info on the status lights. Too is solid Ref and bottom flashing red. Reading the info on led status doesn’t make it clear what the issue is. 

Then I’d call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Super. I will prob do that and hope they sort it. Again. Cheers.