Skip to main content
Answered

SONOS Roam Is a Faulty Product! Bluetooth Barely Works and Sound is Constantly Distorted or Skipped

• 5 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I’ve had SO MANY ISSUES with the Sonos Roam!

It wouldn’t connect to my WiFi network for the longest time until I connected it to a random friend’s network and then shut it down and then tried mine again. I finally connected SONOS to WiFi but it still barely connects to my router which has extremely high speeds (I even worked with the router company to sort it out).

The real problem though is with Bluetooth because the music CONSTANTLY skips and sometimes even warps the sound (the key of the song will become distorted at random points). There is nothing wrong with my connection because my phone is literally right next to the speaker and I keep putting it different places but the issue keeps happening…

So disappointed and every time I contact customer support they ask me redundant questions and have me go through the same processes that don’t resolve anything.

Anyone else experiencing this? It’s so frustrating and makes me consider leaving the SONOS community altogether. Such a headache that I highly doubt another speaker product/brand would have.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

My Roam works great over Bluetooth and WiFi.

I suggest exchanging the Roam for a new one. If you experience the same problems with the new Roam, you should probably choose another speaker option.

You may have a faulty Roam, but the Roam is not faulty. Mine works fine. I think the sound is great considering the speaker's size.