Answered

Sonos Roam Crackling sound

• 20 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Recently my Sonos Roam has a crackling sound. When using the Tune In Radio, it is at the start of turning it on. After being on the phone with Sonos Customer Support and trying different items, it seems to happen more on Sonos Radio and other radio stations. It does not occur with Amazon music but does with Apple Airplay. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 February 2023, 10:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @premjij 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I couldn’t reproduce this on my own Roam - it’s quite strange that it only happens on some sources.

Please try forcing a reboot on the Roam by holding the power button down for around 12 seconds. Once the light stops flashing white, the speaker will be ready to test again.

I hope this helps.

I have the same issue and it makes my Sonos Roam impossible to use most of the time. Feels like waste of money 😞

I’m having the same problem with my newly purchased roam device. 

I’d recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it, since the ‘fix’ offered by the forum moderator didn’t work for you. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.