Answered

Sonos roam Bluetooth playback issues

• 20 November 2023
  • 3 replies

My phone connects to my roam over Bluetooth, but no audio plays from the speaker. I have tried forgetting the device and re-pairing the devices, but the same issue persists.

The roam works fine over WiFi on my home Sonos network, but the Bluetooth functionality is useless?

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 20 November 2023, 17:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Arock42, welcome to Sonos Community!

I am currently able to listen using Bluetooth to both my Sonos Roam and Sonos Era 300 from my smartphone.

With what phone are you facing this issue? Do you have any other device capable of pairing via Bluetooth with your Sonos Roam to test?

Maybe reboot your Sonos Roam and phone, if you haven’t done that already.

For me, after completing the pairing, it took 2-3 seconds for the Sonos Roam to start playing audio from my phone. Since I’ve been using Bluetooth connection with my PC as well, I’ve found out that adjusting the volume via the hardware buttons of the Sonos Roam gets the audio output a bit faster.

If you are getting no audio even after the reboot, I would suggest reaching out to our Sonos Support for further troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

What in the world is up with this Sonos Roam. Will not flash blue no matter how many times I do exactly what I am supposed to. Garbage product and nothing as a small portable Bluetooth speaker should be. Come on Sonos

I really hope whoever the engineers are that wrote this buggy software read these thousands of posts with all the issues with Roam. I want my money back