Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Roam 2: Bricking Itself!

• 6 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, sorry if this has been covered before, but my question: Bought a new Roam 2 as I understood it should integrate with my existing Sonos system of 12 plus Play 1s,1x Beam 2 and 1 x Sub. It doesnt! When eventually you get past path of adding it and registering it, all seems well. However, play something on it thru home wifi (all goes well initially) and it then has a mind of its own, unable to adjust sound in app (volume bar disappears in the “apply” screen, music added now saying nothing there) unresponsive controls on app, cant turn it off, pause etc only plays what you added earlier and can now no longer see the Roam info in the app (ie battery percentage etc no longer in view). This process of trying to play it then also stops it being able to connect to Bluetooth without yet another faffing reset of R2! Got latest version, reset app, reset Roam to factory settings, rebooted router, added R2 again to system. Repeat process all over again and it bricks itself yet again. What a mess! Any clues please? Looks like a half decent bluetooth speaker for caravan but not for integrating as part of my home Sonos system

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge

I am putting it all down to the cr*p untested not fit for purpose “new” app now, it really is a total mess as we all know. My whole system now has a mind of its own: takes age to load, lots of “something went wrong, try again”, “no products” box messages, random volumes flirting about, volume sliders not responding, speakers cutting out, unable to select albums, what is it all about? you name it, messed up big time. Every issue its all in there to endure! 11 June 2024