Sonos Move setup on new network

• 7 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 26 replies

I brought my Move with me to a vacation rental house for the month and have struggled to get it to work in this network. I’d prefer not to switch to Bluetooth because multiple people use this Move. At home my Move is part of a Sonos setup with several other speakers. I brought it to this house, followed instructions to setup the move, also reset the Sonos app on my phone, followed the steps to setup a new device, played a song, and then the next day my iOS app says “Unable to connect to Sonos.” I went through the whole setup again and hours later it went back to the same message. Any idea what the issue is?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @tssf.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us Allow me to share with you some guide on how to set up your Sonos Move on a new network.

I would like to recommend the following steps accordingly to see if it would help out.

1. Using your mobile controller, connect your mobile controller to the desired Wifi Name where you wanted to connect the Sonos Move.
  2. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay and place the charging bay next or near the router where you wanted the Sonos Move to connect.
  3. Place the Sonos Move on the charging bay.
  4. Open the Sonos app go to settings » system » find missing product and follow the prompts.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes. Here in the community, we are all here to help each other out.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

In this new location the Move is my only speaker so the system option is greyed out. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I got it reconnected by resetting the device. This is weird that I keep setting it up and then lose it. My wife’s phone doesn’t connect to it at all. Everything has 5 bar WiFi strength.