Answered

Sonos Move not showing up on the app

• 11 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I bought a Sonos Move some time ago. I have been using with my Iphone using the bluetooth option and so far it worked perfect. This week I bought a second Sonos Move in order to pair both speakers and I downloaded the Sonos App.

The new Sonos I just bought appeared inmediately but the first one does not. I have tried several things to fix it but nothing works so far.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 June 2023, 16:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is the first one maybe still set to bluetooth?

Hi,

I bought a Sonos Move some time ago. I have been using with my Iphone using the bluetooth option and so far it worked perfect. This week I bought a second Sonos Move in order to pair both speakers and I downloaded the Sonos App.

The new Sonos I just bought appeared inmediately but the first one does not. I have tried several things to fix it but nothing works so far.

I don’t understand why you downloaded the Sonos App - surely you had the App already, having setup and registered the earlier Move to your Sonos account and Sonos Household (System) - Have you perhaps setup the Move in a different Sonos Household/System on the same account, rather than using the ‘Add Product’ option in your existing Sonos App to add the second Move to the same System?

If the two speakers are setup in two separate Households/Systems, you will need to factory reset one of them to add it to the other Household.

Important Note - when resetting a single/standalone Sonos device in a system/household, the entire system is lost for good too, including any saved favourites, playlists, settings and services, so tread carefully before deciding which device to reset, that’s if you do find you have to go down that route to put both into the same Household.

Thanks @106rallye for your quick reply. Maybe the first Sonos Move is set to bluetooth but I don´t know how to change it. Any ideas from your side?

Hi @Ken_Griffiths , thanks for your reply. The fact is that I had not downloaded the Sonos App when I bought my first Sonos Move. I just looged into my Sonos account and only the second one is registered.

I am trying to register the first one through the App but it cannot find the device. What can I do then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is the manual to setting up the Move: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/move

I’m not sure the Move needs to be set up via wifi first. I know this is necessary for the Roam.

All Sonos devices need to be setup using Sonos controller before they can be used. 

Hi guys,

I finally managed to get my first Sonos Move working ;). Thanks a lot for your tips and help

Trying to use Move on Bluetooth. Why is the Blue light flashing?