Answered

sonos move not showing up on app!!

• 5 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I am trying to set up a Sonos move for the first time. It shows a message saying "Sonos move is connected to wifi but may not show up in the system tab. If so press and hold the power button for 5 seconds then turn on again and continue setup from the systems tab."

However nothing shows!! I have reinstalled the app and reset to factory settings multiple times and cannot think of anything else. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 May 2023, 10:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Cryptanosaurus 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend turning your WiFi router off for at least 30 seconds. While waiting for WiFi to return, please reboot your phone/tablet too just for good measure.

Please then try set up again - if it still fails, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Cryptanosaurus 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend turning your WiFi router off for at least 30 seconds. While waiting for WiFi to return, please reboot your phone/tablet too just for good measure.

Please then try set up again - if it still fails, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I was ready to give up on this. I tried everything. Could NOT get my move to show up in the app even though if I “played everywhere” the move would also play. I use a mesh network where all nodes are hardwired. The AMPLIFI router handles 5hz and 2.4hz on a hidden SSID. Resetting the router fixed my problem…