Question

Sonos Move doesn't charge anymore

• 13 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, I can't charge my sonos move anymore. I tried with the charging base, the orange led lights up, goes out and then, nothing. I also  tried to charge it with the USB-C charger and it was unsuccessful too (no light at all). I only charged it a few times so the battery doesn't need to be changed yet up to me. As it is out of charge, I also can't reset it. Anyone can help? Thank you so much in advance! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jeancamile.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for doing the extra mile of starting with the basic troubleshooting steps. The Sonos Move’s behavior is not normal and I would like to help you out with that.

I would like to recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps to see if it would help.

• If the charging bay of the Sonos Move is plugged into a power strip, can we plug it directly into a power outlet? Do we have any LED light activity on the device?
  • If the charging bay of the Sonos Move is plugged into a power outlet can we plug it into a different power outlet that we’re sure has power on it? Do we have any LED light activity on the Move?
  • Can we remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay and press the power button for 10-15 seconds? What light status do we have?

I hope this helps.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi @Paul A,

Thank you for your answer.

It was indeed plugged into a power strip but I also tried to plug it into a power outlet. Both action gave the same result: only the orange led lights up and nothing happened on a later stage.

I already removed the sonos move from the charging base and pressed the power button but nothing happened. I got no light at all.

Looking forward hearing from you. 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jeancamile.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. 

Please let us know how it goes with our technical support team. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hello @Paul A ,

Thank you four your message.

When I click on your technical support team link, I only get the general page of Sonos support with no contact details.  I'm licated in Belgium. How can I contact them?

Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jeancamile.

Thanks for the feedback and immediate response. 

Once you open the link on our technical support team, scroll down. Almost at the middle portion of the webpage, you will see the words (Get in touch with Sonos Support). Lower left of that word, you would see the words with the link  (Chat With Us) There will be a link or a clickable link there during the weekdays as our chat support team is not available during the weekends. Once you click on that link, a little char box will pop-up at the bottom right. 

I hope this helps.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,