Answered

Sonos Move crackling and popping

• 11 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I`ve just bought my first Sonos speaker the Move but i`m getting random bad poping and crackling listening to Spotify via bluetooth. I`ve had many other brand bluetooth speakers and never experienced this. It`s not electrical interference as I tried it again today in the middle of an empty field. Any idead of the cause of this or should I send it back to exchange for another. I`ve had it less than a week.😐

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 12 June 2023, 12:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Pug5ley, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you able to test other services and methods of playback to see if the popping and crackling persist? I would recommend trying to use Bluetooth with files stored on your phone or with another service. You could also test Spotify playback in the Sonos app or using Spotify Connect.

This could help narrow down what could be causing the issue and if there are any steps we can take to resolve this.

I would also recommend reaching out to our support team for live troubleshooting and, if needed, they can help you set up a return/replacement.

I hope this helps!

I’ve done extensive testing and it only pops and crackles playing over Bluetooth on Spotify. This is a major problem as the speaker was bought to mainly play Spotify at work via Bluetooth.

I’ve done extensive testing and it only pops and crackles playing over Bluetooth on Spotify. This is a major problem as the speaker was bought to mainly play Spotify at work via Bluetooth.

It perhaps might be worthwhile trying to play the same audio over Bluetooth from another mobile device just to see what happens in that case.

I have a Sonos Move here and an iPhone XR/ iPad and both those Apple devices sound fine when playing Spotify App audio to the speaker over their Bluetooth pairing - so it might be worthwhile seeing what happens with a different mobile.

If problem persists, then as mentioned earlier it will obviously be best to reach out to Sonos Support Staff for some live-troubleshooting the issue with your original device.