Answered

Sonos Move & Alexa

• 2 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Sonos Move will play when I ask my Echo Dot to play music on that speaker, however when I ask my Echo Dot to play music in the “downstairs” group the Move is in, all the other speakers will play, but the Move does not.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 March 2024, 13:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BrightonC 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Just to be clear, is the group you mentioned a Sonos group, or an Alexa group? In order to use an Alexa voice command to play to a group, the group must be defined within the Alexa app.

If this is already the case, I recommend removing the Move from the group and adding it again (in the Alexa app).

Note that if the other speakers in the group are not Sonos speakers, they will not play in sync with ones that are.

I hope this helps.

Yes, it is an Alexa group. I have tried removing the Sonos move speaker from the group and re-adding it, but that doesn’t help. I’ve had this set up like this for over a year, and it’s just recently that it won’t work properly. All the other speakers in the group are all Sonos speakers, a combination of play threes and play bars and a subwoofer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BrightonC 

Thanks for the additional info. As far as I can tell, you are doing everything you need to do, but just aren’t getting the right results.

If disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app does not help (Alexa app » More » Skills & Games » Your Skills » Sonos » Disable/Enable to use), I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Hi @BrightonC 

Thanks for the additional info. As far as I can tell, you are doing everything you need to do, but just aren’t getting the right results.

If disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app does not help (Alexa app » More » Skills & Games » Your Skills » Sonos » Disable/Enable to use), I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!