Question

Sonos Move AirPlay Error

• 12 November 2019
  • 8 replies

When trying to AirPlay from iMac 17-inch, Late 2006 running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) I’m getting an error: An error occurred while connecting to the AirPlay device “Move”. An unknown error occurred (20). iTunes version 12.2.2.25

At the same time, airplaying to Beam with 2 Play:1s works fine. 

Any ideas?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi ACTPOHABT

There are multiple requirements to AirPlay from a Mac. It looks like your rig is missing a few depending upon how you are using Airplay. Click the link for more information and pay special attention to system requirements.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202809#mac

Cheers!

I don’t think the issue is with the computer, it connects just fine to Beam and Play:1s, but wouldn’t connect to Move. All of the speakers are on the same network.

Userlevel 7

Was your Move connected to Wi-Fi?

It is connected to WiFi

Hi, was this resolved? I have the same issue with a beam accepting airplay connections but the same error code (20) from a one and a one SL on the SAME wifi network which  won’t connect from iTunes although they can all use the SONOS group feature without issue once the beam is streaming from my iTunes library….using iTunes 12.6.2.20.  Thanks

After multiple calls to their Customer Support  Sonos promised to have engineers call me to figure out the issue, but multiple “promises” never led to any follow ups. Their customer service in my case won an award of “the best liars of 2019”!

I ended up not using Mac OS on that machine and switched to Linux with some 3rd party controller (not made by Sonos that works better than the official.

Hmm, bad experience. I hope Sonos management monitor this forum. On another note I found the issue is only with my iTunes app on my mac. The iPad can stream to all devices OK. So it may just be a version issue. Cheers

I agree, it’s definitely an issue with the Move firmware not working properly with iTunes on MacOS 10.7.5, but company has no desire to address it.