Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Move 2 stopped working

• 24 June 2024
  • 1 reply

My Sonos Move 2 was purchased last year and has just stopped responding.  It will not charge, no lights will come on.  I hold the power button down for 20 seconds and still no response?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keithsenn 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay!

I’m sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your Sonos Move 2 not turning on.

Please try these steps:

1. Remove Move from the charging cradle or USB-C charger.
  2. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
  3. Wait an additional 5 seconds after powering off the Move.
  4. Place the Move on the charging cradle in the correct orientation.

The next thing to verify is that Move is placed on it's charging cradle properly. If set backwards in the cradle or if the cradle is upside down, Move will not charge.

1. Ensure that Move's power contacts are sitting snug with the charging knobs on the cradle. When connected, Move's orange charging LED on the front should light up.
  2. If available, test the Move in another charging cradle to see if the product boots up.
  3. If available, try to use a USB-C PD power supply in the back of the Move instead (charger requirements for Move and Move 2)
  4. Test connecting the Move to an alternate power outlet.

If none of this helps, however, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. The issue could be with the speaker, the charger or the battery. Please note that you will be asked to perform these steps while on the phone to us - if they fix the issue before needing to call, that’s great, just be aware that even if you have followed these steps once, you may need to do so again while on the call.

I hope this helps.