Sonos Move 2 Pre-Order Status

• 19 September 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7

It’s 11:01PM CST, September 18, 2023

I pre-ordered my Sonos Move 2’s on September 7th. My order status shows as “Allocated”. Just curious if anyone who pre-ordered the Move 2 has seen their order status change to “Shipped” or are you one of the lucky one’s who may have received theirs 😊. 

Currently the Sonos website shows no restriction on shipping for any color of the Move 2 and placing an order shows each product (color) as “in stock”

Please indicate the date of your pre-order and current order status; if you choose to reply. As a side note I did receive two of my Era 300’s on the day the pre-order shipping was to start which meant Sonos started shipping prior to the published pre-order ship date. 

I’ll update this post when I receive mine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7

My order status changed to shipped today 9/19/2023. Notified by Sonos via email @ 6:36PM CST. Expected delivery is Monday 9/25/2023.

I pre-ordered Move2 on 9/15. My status has been showing “preparing to ship” since that day. Eagerly awaiting…

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Mine is due tomorrow 😁. I would have got it today but had to go into the office. Tomorrow I’m working from home so I rescheduled the delivery!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Got my green one today. Love it, better than my Move 1 which will soon be sold to fund a second Move 2. 
The Moves are my favourite Sonos speakers and the new iteration just improves on that .

One unmentioned difference is the Move 2 does not come with the felt bag off the Move 1, which is a shame. 
The USB C connector for the charging base is great and means fewer power bricks to take when travelling. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Got my green one today. Love it, better than my Move 1 which will soon be sold to fund a second Move 2. 
The Moves are my favourite Sonos speakers and the new iteration just improves on that .

One unmentioned difference is the Move 2 does not come with the felt bag off the Move 1, which is a shame. 
The USB C connector for the charging base is great and means fewer power bricks to take when travelling. 

I noticed on a recent YouTube review that the new one does not have the nice little bag. I’m also getting the green one tomorrow 

Userlevel 7

You also probably noticed (unless you haven’t purchased a new Sonos until now) that the packaging is a muted recycled material. Sonos like many companies is trying to reduce their carbon footprint and use recycled materials for packaging and eliminate packaging that is deemed unnecessary; such as the cloth bag included with the previous Move. Be thankful that Sonos at least included the charging block 😊; unlike Apple that no longer includes a charging block with any product except Mac’s.

Note: iPhone 15 Pro Max now with USB-C charging costs $1199 and all you get is the USB-C to USB-C cable; but no charging block. What a rip!! But I bought one anyway LOL 😂😂😂

You also probably noticed (unless you haven’t purchased a new Sonos until now) that the packaging is a muted recycled material. Sonos like many companies is trying to reduce their carbon footprint and use recycled materials for packaging and eliminate packaging that is deemed unnecessary; such as the cloth bag included with the previous Move. 

The cloth bag serves a purpose beyond just safe delivery of the speaker though.  It obviously is useful as further protection when transporting the Move away from home. Even if you feel the Move is safe enough, you could wash the bag and use it when packing the Move along with clean clothes or something.  Or use it to store something else.  Can’t remember exactly where mine is right now, but I know I’m still using it for something.  Reuse is always better than recycle.

I’m not saying that Sonos is lying if the claim removing the bag is about reducing their carbon footprint as it probably did.  But the bag itself was probably the most climate friendly part of the boxing since it’s the only thing that could really be reused.

Userlevel 7

You also probably noticed (unless you haven’t purchased a new Sonos until now) that the packaging is a muted recycled material. Sonos like many companies is trying to reduce their carbon footprint and use recycled materials for packaging and eliminate packaging that is deemed unnecessary; such as the cloth bag included with the previous Move. 

The cloth bag serves a purpose beyond just safe delivery of the speaker though.  It obviously is useful as further protection when transporting the Move away from home. Even if you feel the Move is safe enough, you could wash the bag and use it when packing the Move along with clean clothes or something.  Or use it to store something else.  Can’t remember exactly where mine is right now, but I know I’m still using it for something.  Reuse is always better than recycle.

I’m not saying that Sonos is lying if the claim removing the bag is about reducing their carbon footprint as it probably did.  But the bag itself was probably the most climate friendly part of the boxing since it’s the only thing that could really be reused.

I had two Move’s and the bags never saw the light of day until I sold them ( 3.5 years later). To me they were just packaging to make a person Ooo and Ah. Although they may have added some protection for packaging.

IMO Sonos has probably found that a redesigned box and interior components using recycled materials are just as good if not better. Companies pay big bucks to packaging engineers. I have a friend who works for such a company.

As far as transporting the Move Sonos does have a specially designed case on their website. Of course for what it’s worth the forgoing is JMHO.

Userlevel 7

Update: My speakers just arrived earlier than expected! Woopie!!! Will report back on listening experience later.

I pre-ordered Move2 on 9/15. My status has been showing “preparing to ship” since that day. Eagerly awaiting…

My status changed to “Shipped” this morning with an expected arrival tomorrow (Friday).

Update: My speakers just arrived earlier than expected! Woopie!!! Will report back on listening experience later.

I actually had an order come in yesterday, not Move though.  It was originally scheduled for Monday, looked like it might actually show up on Sunday, and ultimately arrived on Wednesday.  FedEx tracking system could use some improvement.

It’s unfortunate that Sonos needs to rely on third party companies for shipping, it introduces another level of complexity and misunderstanding. 

It’s unfortunate that Sonos needs to rely on third party companies for shipping, it introduces another level of complexity and misunderstanding. 

Yes, but even Amazon, as one of the few that does their own shipping, screws up sometimes.

Maybe one day, there will be drones that can deliver directly from warehouses to customers, without 3rd party shippers...and magically be cost effective.😀

Userlevel 7

True…but most companies don’t have their own logistics to deliver to consumers. Not even Apple. Amazon is one of the exceptions.

Note: @melvimbe and my comments seem to have crossed 😂