Answered

Sonos app login not working

• 31 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey,

I have been having issues with my Sonos Roam for a while now as it hasn’t showed up as an available unit when I listen to music for a while now. I always ignored it and just listened to music from my laptop but today I wanted to fix this issue.

I was unable to login to my account using the same email where I get the newsletter, the app would always tell me to try again as something went wrong. I googled and read someone suggest checking the sonos settings and allowing sonos to connect via local network after having changed to a new phone. Finally, I could log in but now the next issue is that Sonos will only accept my flatmates mail address as a log in option because her account is connected to the network I believe (she has two sonos devices but on a different floor). Is there a way to fix this?

I probably haven’t explained myself very well but perhaps someone understands.

All I want is to listen to music like I was able to in the beginning 😥

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 January 2024, 17:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You can transfer a Sonos system to another Sonos account by following the instructions in this link…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/transfer-your-sonos-system-to-a-new-account

You can transfer a Sonos system to another Sonos account by following the instructions in this link…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/transfer-your-sonos-system-to-a-new-account

Thanks! But when I try to follow these steps, the Sonos app is again asking for my flatmate’s account login. I’m starting to think I added the wrong Sonos Roam to my account but when I try to hide/delete it, I am again asked for my flatmates email and password.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @helplessdane 

If you log out of the app, you should then be able to transfer ownership of the system to a new email account by following the instructions given above.

Settings » Account » Sign Out

I hope this helps.