Answered

Sonos App for two homes

• 4 May 2021
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Can I use the same Sonos app for two homes with two different WiFi configurations? I have our primary home with the Five and two Move speakers on the latest Sonos app. We have a small vacation home that would only need a Roam speaker. I would not bring the Roam into the primary home. It would cradle at the vacation home and be used in the second location only. I would still like to use the Sonos app, and only have access to the Roam when I’m in our vacation home. Is that possible? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 May 2021, 13:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

You can use the same App but you would need to create two Sonos accounts, one for each house, as they are wi-fi/location specific.  The App will connect in each location without issue, as the set-up is stored within each device and not the App.

Edit:

You may need to factory reset the Roam and add it to the second account , if you have already added it to your main home account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TPI 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

@UKMedia is correct - but this is only necessary if you want to use the same Voice Assistant in both locations. Otherwise, you can factory reset the Roam and set up a new system in the Sonos app in the second location, but using your existing Sonos account - you will then have two “households” on that one account.

Thanks! For clarity, I don’t have the Roam yet. It would be unboxed in the new location. Sounds like I can do it straight away and create a second household under one account. I’ll read over the article   Thanks again! 

@Corry P -The link above is dead. Is there a new link?  I am in the middle of trying to figure out the best way for a multi-home setup. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @VitoM 

Apologies - it seems that the page was taken down due to too many people finding it rather than the actual page they needed. There should be a redirect, which I’ve asked to be fixed.

In the meantime, here are the steps:

• Connect your Sonos product(s) to power.
  • Connect your device to the WiFi network.
  • Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  • When you see the message “New Sonos product found,” tap Learn More.
  • Tap Set it up.
  • Follow the instructions in the app to set up a new Sonos system.

Now that your Sonos app is connected to multiple systems, it will automatically recognize them when your mobile device connects to their associated WiFi networks. If you would like to prevent your app from automatically connecting to a system, see our guide on Forgetting a system from the Sonos app.