Answered

Sonos alexa

• 24 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I have two ones sl stereo paired + sub mini and two roams sl stereo paired. All playing in my living room for music listening. I still have three amazon echo arround to call for music playing through sonos exclusively. Since I want to add two more stereo paired roams sl in the same area, would it be convenient to get roams with mic and remove all amazon echos? Will sonos be as good for listening to commands as amazon? 

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 25 March 2024, 17:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Pepetrueno, welcome to Sonos Community!

First I’d like to mention that I do not use Amazon Alexa with my Sonos System. I mostly use Google Assistant on almost all of my devices and also Sonos Voice Control on my Sonos Roam and Sonos Era 300.

So far I am very satisfied with the responses on my daily use with both voice assistants, I do not see why Amazon Alexa would be any different.

Have a look on our Support Article Control Sonos with Amazon Alexa and more specifically the below:

Basic commands

Amazon Alexa on Sonos allows you to use basic playback commands like play, pause, skip, and volume up/down. You can find more specific examples of playback commands on the Sonos skill page.

TV commands

Amazon Alexa can control your TV if you have a Sonos product connected to the TV via HDMI-ARC.

Not currently supported

• Playing songs based on lyrics
  • Setting Sonos alarms and sleep timers
  • Thumbs up/down initiated with voice is not reflected in the Sonos app
  • Voice Calling
  • Whisper Mode
  • Drop In
  • Playing songs from your Sonos music library

The features available for Amazon Alexa on Sonos are up to Amazon. You could still use the Echo Dot’s for features that are not available on Sonos (but not include Sonos).

I hope this helps.

Thank you @Sotiris C. 
Yes, your feedback helped me to realize I have to give a try to roam (mic) and see how far I can go without echo. I have lighting, roller shutters, air conditioners, TVs and other “layer one” domotic stuffs handled from alexa. So, segregating music to Sonos sounds a good Idea.  Will try!

regards!