Answered

set up and no sound from speakers?

• 6 October 2023
  • 8 replies

I’m just setting up my new Sonos Roam, and I can’t get any sound out I’d the speaker? 
( but there is more volume from my iPhone?) what have I done wrong? 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 9 October 2023, 16:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Does the Roam work with the rest of your Sonos system, assuming you have one?

Note that a Roam needs to be set up on a network first before you can pair it with your phone using Bluetooth.

Yes many thanks, 

I think that I was just being too hasty, and it connected up successfully a bit later. I panicked!

But the volume is rather low, I use the volume control on the device, but it is quieter than I hoped, and I wonder if I changed any settings as I was setting it up? 

Push the volume to max on the Roam using the buttons on top, and wind up the phone volume. See if that helps.

Hi tried that, but it still seems much quieter than the demo in the shop. I think that I altered a volume setting when I was trying to set it up, is this possible? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you set a volume limit? Check using the Sonos app. 

I think this is my problem, but don’t know how to do it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Settings/System/roomname, then scroll down to Volume Limit. If it’s On, click the > and move the slider to 100%. 

Great that worked! Many thanks