Answered

Roam wont hold charge

• 16 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Roam is permanently plugged in so always shows 100% batt. As soon as I unplug it and try to use it in another room it dies within 5 mins . . . Useless piece of kit . . 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 16 August 2023, 23:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Have you contacted Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

No . . They're a waste of space, just like their product . 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

How long have you had the Roam? 

4 months.     So dissapointed with it. . 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Then you should definitely call support as they should be able to tell you if it's faulty. Sounds like it might be 

Roam is permanently plugged in so always shows 100% batt. As soon as I unplug it and try to use it in another room it dies within 5 mins . . . Useless piece of kit . . 

What charger are you using? If not the official one from Sonos, then it needs to be PD certified with a power output in the region of 2A-3A x 5V (10W-15W) anything less-powerful might cause the issue you’re seeing.

A typical phone charger may not always work, some are only 1A x 5V.

It is the official sonos charger that came with the speaker 

It is the official sonos charger that came with the speaker 

Then contact Sonos Support if you have only had these things for 4 months as presumably both speaker and charger are within their warranty period.

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

The OP is enjoying the attention they’re getting here, but has already made up their mind not to contact support for any assistance. There’s already a conclusion that there will be no assistance. 

Just contacted support . . They changed a load of setting and told me to try again and call back . . Now it doesn't work at all . .  And I'm sat in a que waiting for someone to answer . .like I correctly said earleir  . .waste of time just like the product . . Absolute garbage.  . Waste of money.