Answered

Roam Wireless Charger - No Change in Percentage Charged

• 29 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I have two Roam speakers. Both are on magnetic wireless chargers. I have been using them since first released. I noticed recently that one of my Roam is showing 96% charged and temperature is “hot” and has not been charging to 100% for the last couple of weeks.

Any idea why this is?

Other information - I am living in a country with 220V power although I have had no issues with mag-safe charging to date. The tech spec for the SONOS wireless charging pad is rated 110V-240V so I do not think that is the issue… and the other charger seems to be working without any problem.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 30 December 2022, 14:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Dale Warner,

I’m not sure why the Roam isn’t reaching 100% battery, especially if you’ve left it on the charger. The only things I could think of is, if the Roam is in use while charging and in a particularly hot area of the house, that could potentially prevent the battery from filling up to full. 

There isn’t much we can troubleshoot regarding this on the community, so I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the tools necessary to help troubleshoot this issue.

I hope this helps!

Hi @Dale Warner,

I’m not sure why the Roam isn’t reaching 100% battery, especially if you’ve left it on the charger. The only things I could think of is, if the Roam is in use while charging and in a particularly hot area of the house, that could potentially prevent the battery from filling up to full. 

There isn’t much we can troubleshoot regarding this on the community, so I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the tools necessary to help troubleshoot this issue.

I hope this helps!

Thanks James… I reached out to the SONOS team… they are helping me… and they think that it is also overheated (44 degrees celcius)… so they are walking me through a reset.

Well… it looks like it is a fault in the battery/charge of the Roam. It will have to be replaced. SONOS support team was helpful in the resolution.