Skip to main content
Question

Roam WiFi management

• 2 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there internet and Sonos,

If I understand correctly, since the recent firmware and ios app update, I can no longer manage wifi networks and every time I want to use my Roam with a new wireless network, I have to reset the device and perform a new device setup procedure?  And this can only be done on a “consumer” wifi network but not on a hotel or other enterprise/guest networks with client isolation enabled?

I really hope I am missing something because who in their right mind would design a MOBILE product with these limitations intentionally?!?

And don’t get me started with the disappearance of basic internet radio apps in the sonos app.. I find it unacceptable  that Sonos takes away functionality from a product after the sale - I am not talking about services requiring back-end servers.. Is there a process to return a product and get a full refund? Because this is not the product I bought.

Kind regards,

Andrej

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes your understanding is correct. The wifi management might come back this month, maybe in a couple days. If you are within your return period contact sonos to return . If you aren’t might as well wait and see if they fix it before trying to get rid of it.

Hi Bumper, thanks for replying so quickly. Unfortunately I am outside the return window.. I am a new Sonos customer (a few months) and I attributed various quirks like being unable to use a new Roam as a bluetooth speaker without connecting to a wifi to some middle manager’s blunder that cost him his job already long ago, but that somehow the requirement persisted in the already made stock.

But more and more I see that this is the company’s policy - like requiring a Sonos account to use devices where there are no technical reasons, pushing other services in the sonos app that require their respective account creation, etc. and implicitly by adding complexity slowly destroying the product itself which is hardware wise totally cool..