Answered

Roam sound interruptions

• 19 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a Beam + Roam and have had the same for over 1 year all OK untill recently the Roam sound fluctuates (comes & Goes) doesnt seem to matter where the Roam is (Beam in living room,Roam in Kitchen)

T/Y

icon

Best answer by palcouk 19 January 2024, 16:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What local WiFi band and channel is in use by the Roam (the channel-width might be helpful too)? Do you have the same issue when playing music audio over a Bluetooth connection to the Roam?

Badge

I am not using Bluetooth, but I can try it, however the problem is intermittant. I checked WiFi settings, I use a mesh setup and all other devices Have no issues. The firmware is upto date on all devices.

T/Y

I am not using Bluetooth, but I can try it, however the problem is intermittant. I checked WiFi settings, I use a mesh setup and all other devices Have no issues. The firmware is upto date on all devices.

T/Y

Maybe reboot your router/mesh setup and try the Roam on your 2.4Ghz WiFi band only, (using a non-overlapping channel 1, 6 or 11) as that band is further reaching and more penetrating than the 5Ghz WiFi band …and to rule out issues on the WAN side, play some music that’s held on local storage and just see what happens in that case.

You perhaps may also find this Sonos Support document helpful too:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reduce-wireless-interference

Badge

May have found the problem, seems there was a problem with one of the Mesh WiFi devices, this has no been reset and has a good connection, I’ll see how it goes.

Its a bugger geting old & forgetfull 😥