Skip to main content
Answered

Roam SL - Bluetooth and Equalizer Questions

• 5 August 2023
  • 3 replies

You read things on the internet and don’t know whether they are true. I read in a review that you need the Sonos app to manage even the basic Bluetooth functions. So, question 1:

1.  Can I connect to Sonos Roam SL from a BT enabled device that cannot load the Sonos app? (I have a couple of portable music players which use a proprietary operating system and cannot load apps.)
  2. Does the Sonos Roam SL remember equaliser settings across devices? (That is, if I adjust the equaliser using a Sonos app on my Android phone or Windows computer, will those settings still be present when I connect to one of the players referred to in 1.)

Thank you.

Clive

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
  1. Yes. When playing from your phone via bluetooth the Sonos app is not needed/won’t work.
  2. When playing from your phone via bluetooth, I think the player uses the phone’s equalizer settings.

By the way: the Roam needs to be set up on wifi and with the Sonos app before it can be used on bluetooth.

1. When playing from your phone via bluetooth, I think the player uses the phone’s equalizer settings.

The player would take whatever it’s sent over BT -- with any phone EQ applied -- and then apply Sonos EQ on top.

Thank you both for your help.

Clive