Answered

Roam shows bluetooth connection, but get no sound from the speaker

• 28 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Playing music on my Roam is a very frustrating hit and miss thing. Sometimes it works, but more often it doesn’t. Never had this problem with JBL bluetooth speakers. It works great on wi-fi, but not when travelling. It shows the connection on my phone and music is playing, but no sound comes out of speaker. I have turned off speaker and un paired and re paired in many different instances and still no go. I can’t figure out what I do differently when the music actually plays. I am using this only when not in my home with the wi fi connection. Anyone have similar issues? Have any fixes?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 31 August 2023, 11:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

When this happens to me, I turn off the Bluetooth on my iPhone for a minute, turn it back on, and then reselect the Sonos speaker, and it reconnects.

Thanks for the feedback, but I’ve also tried that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mcq65 

Thanks for your post!

Have you tried rebooting your phone and Roam? To fully reboot Roam, hold the power button for approximately 12-13 seconds until you hear an additional chime.

I hope this helps.