Skip to main content

My roam started has melted at the back charge plug which has fallen apart now , it’s only just over a year old is this going to be warranted or will I have to go to consumer rights ?

My roam started has melted at the back charge plug which has fallen apart now , it’s only just over a year old is this going to be warranted or will I have to go to consumer rights ?

Imo it depends on how you were charging it. Original Sonos cable or 3rd party China low cost product? The same with charger… there are so many dangerous products of low quality on the market that can force such accidents. 
I would speak to Sonos support and I‘m sure they will try to find a good solution. 

Report this to SONOS support. In the meantime, don’t attempt to use a wired charger. There have been a couple previous reports of this problem.

Some people have posted that they are getting defective 2 year old + roams replaced with brand new gen2 roams. These are almost all bad batteries. Your case is concerning as melting speaker is never good. That they aren’t replacing with refurbished gen1 products is telling imo. 

I wouldn’t settle for anything less than replacement. I would keep calling back until you get a rep who will authorize this.