Skip to main content

Hi all, 

since the latest update for iOS, the microphone function has stopped working. I read a few posts on the community pages on a similar topics ,but nothing to cure the problem ?

Any help would be appreciated 

Hi @Taff_68 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Sorry to hear of the microphone issue you are having, One point - you have tagged Roam SL in this thread, and your user profile says you have a Roam SL. SL stands for SpeechLess, and no Sonos products with the SL badge have microphones.

As you say it was working before, however, perhaps you have a normal Roam. 

The microphone will only activate if there is a voice service running on the device - please open the Sonos app and go to Settings icon » nroom with Roam]. If a voice service is listed under the Voice heading, then it is installed. If all you see is Add A Voice Assistant, then there is no voice service running on the speaker and that is why the microphone is switched off. Tap on Add A Voice Assistant to remedy.

If there is already a voice service listed, perhaps all you need to do is press the microphone button on the end-cap of the Roam?

I hope this helps.

Hi, I  listed the wrong model! I have factory reset the roam and re installed the Sonos voice assistant, now seems to be working. Hopefully things will stay working now?

Hi @Taff_68 

Hi, I  listed the wrong model!

No worries!

I have factory reset the roam and re installed the Sonos voice assistant, now seems to be working. Hopefully things will stay working now?

They should do! If it happens again, however, I recommend just removing the voice service and adding again, or ensuring the microphone button hasn’t been used to toggle it off. Factory resets are best left for last resort, though it took me 9 days to reply so I am not blaming you!

I’m glad to hear it’s all working again - enjoy!