Answered

Recently Sonos Move issue with auto trueplay - sounds awful

• 21 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello,

Love Sonos. The Move was my gateway drug. Recently I’ve noticed the sound suddenly changes - it’s hard to describe but it suddenly sounds muffled and strange, loses a lot of treble and bass, the mid range frequencies seem amplified, almost as if one of those cheesy equalisers like “listening to music in a barrel underwater” has been turned on. I’ve isolated it to something to do with auto trueplay, I think. With auto trueplay off, the sound remains the same, somewhat flat, but stable. Turn auto trueplay on, move the Move, sounds fine for a minute or two then suddenly changes. It’s as if auto trueplay is kicking in, and then getting it awfully wrong. Didn’t happen before, was always amazed by how well the trueplay seemed to work (hence why I’m not satisfied with listening to it off). Problem persists despite reset, different places, indoors outdoors, background noise or not, different music sources. Listening on wifi. Support said nothing showed up on diagnostics…

if I submit diagnostics should I submit several e.g. with music playing, trueplay on and off?

Help! I love the Move but the sound now is awful. Has anyone had similar issues? Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 February 2022, 16:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I’d do two things.  Try it again and when it starts to sound rubbish submit a diagnostic and post the number on this thread.  then give Sonos support a call and reference this thread and diagnostic number.  This is not a common issue… yet and I don’t have that problem on my Move.

Alternatively you could factory reset the Move and set it up from scratch again and see if the issue remains.

Thanks heaps for the quick reply. 

here’s diagnostics confirmation code with auto trueplay off:

here’s code with auto trueplay turned on, sound straight away turned rubbish:

I tried factory resetting, issue remained, unfortunately. I can try again. 

I wouldn’t try again, the factory reset has the unfortunate side effect of erasing local diagnostics information. It’s good that you were able to submit those before you wiped the Move. I think your best bet at this time, as @bockersjv suggested, is to call Sonos Support directly to discuss those diagnostics. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks for your advice. I’ll give Sonos a call today and will post an update.