Skip to main content
Answered

Problems grouping Roam with other devices!

• 13 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I got my Roam today and wanted to try to stream the TV singal from the Beam to the Roam. 

But everytime i try to group the Roam with the Beam i got a message like this “Not able to connect, try again later” (to be accurate its german and says: “Eine Verbindung ist leider nicht möglich.Bitte versuche es später erneut.”)

Also pressing the playbutton doesn’t help.
I tried it very short(1 beep), bit longer( 2 beeps), and even thrid beep. but nothing happens. 

The roam appears normaly in the app, so its connected to my system. 

If i try to use it with spotify it works fine as single device but i am not able to use it at the same time with the  beam or any of my 5 SL One Deivces.  

What i already have tried:
Restarted Network(Router)
Restarted all Devices (Beam, Roam, SL one’s)
Restarted Phone.
Set wifi to only use a single Channel.

Nothing worked out. Please help. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Update the app, go to settings → Manage (top right) → System Updates → Check for updates. I had to do it a couple times and finally got all speakers updated so you can add new ones to a group with them.

Wasted too much time on this waiting on hold for 70 minutes.

SOLVED 

Tried today again. Same Problem.
So i tried some more things: 

1.) Switching off all Sonos Devices in my Network and the Router for at 5 Minutes
2.) Checked for Updates for all my Sonos Devices (allthough automatic update is enabled).
SonosApp found an update, i dont know for which devices and installed them. 

No everthing works fine. Even the Bluetooth Bridging is working now. 

Update the app, go to settings → Manage (top right) → System Updates → Check for updates. I had to do it a couple times and finally got all speakers updated so you can add new ones to a group with them.

Thanks, yeah as i just posted i solved it by updating and restarting the whole network. Dont understand why there is an “automatic updates” Slider if it doesn’t update automatically! :-D 

Thanks for this!.. I just tried and worked for me. I never had such issue before the new dire mobile Sonos App…..anyhow..