Skip to main content

Playing Music through my Roam 2

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, Sonos Community.  My husband received a Roam 2 as a gift and we were excited to add it to our existing Sonos system.  We have a One (wired) and Play 1 (wireless) in our existing set-up and they work perfectly.  We updated to the latest version of the Sonos App before we added the Roam 2 to our system.  The connection process was smooth and the App sees the three speakers and says they are all connected.  We are unable to play music from the Roam 2, however, and we’ve tried selecting it alone and grouped with the other speakers (which is how we would almost always use it.)  When we select the roam we get an “Unable to connect.  Please try again later message”  Again, our One and Play 1 are working perfectly.

I spent an hour on hold last night with customer service (no agent event answered) and have tried the live chat mutliple times (the bot keeps saying there are no agents available) so this is my last shot at resolving the issue before we return the speaker.  We already have an amazing bluetooth Bose speaker so unless we can connect this Roam 2 to our Sonos system it is useless.

Has anyone had and successfully resolved this issue?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

It appears to be the new app, there are hundreds of people reporting connection problems and the queue for “Support” on the phone or the chat is well over 30 minutes… I hope that they fix the problem soon. I am thinking about changing to Bose instead. I have been a customer from the very first speaker that they brought out so many years ago, but the “Support” has never been good and the current app is not fit for purpose.