Skip to main content
Answered

Old and new sonos devices

• 31 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have old Sonos amp from 2012 and play3 from 2015. I'm about to buy new Sonos move device. Do they work together in same network under same application?

Other question. Time to time Play3 losing the connection to network. My Amp is the master (connected to rj45) and no worries of 12 years old device.

-Heikki

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

The original Move is compatible with the S1 app, but the Move 2 needs the new app. If its the Move 2, you will need both apps to control the separate “systems”.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-version-compatibility

Thanks,

That's what I was little bit to worried about. Old devices are ok (only Play3 interrupts connection). Anyway, I don't use them as group very often so maybe it's time to invest for new "system". 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Why would you like to buy another Sonos product taking the latest update into consideration that has created more problems than before. They are not able to solve the problems now and probably not at all in the future. I regret I bought their products.

Good point. Old devices are ok for now and i only would like to get speaker with battery. But i would like to use wifi at home because i don't want to keep my phone close of speaker all the time (bluetooth). Of course bluetooth is good option in some cases.