Skip to main content
Question

no music on my sonos move

• 21 June 2024
  • 7 replies

I am using pandora. The Sonos app shows the music playing but no sound from the Move speker. Help

7 replies

Unfortunately, I get this about half the time that I use the Move 2. We had the same issues with the Move, and recently upgraded, and have been disappointed that the problems persist. We also have Roam 2’s, which seem to be much more stable, but it’s common for the Move / Move 2 to simply eat the music stream without actually playing it. These problems were around with the old S2 app, and persist in the new, terrible app that we’ve all been forced to use. This makes me think that the problem is in the Move firmware stack.

Same issue here with Apple Music stations. It works fine on all other speakers and works when other speakers are playing first and then I add Move. When I try to stream on just Move, it stops shortly into playback even though the Sonos app shows the station still playing. Any fixes yet?

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. Especially if it is an issue in the firmware. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

I have tried but with a 70+ minute wait time, it’s not feasible.

Then all you’re likely to get here is other people here commiserating with you. Every code engineer I’ve worked with would not take ‘anecdotal’ bugs, only ones that they could reliably reproduce and have evidence for. Granted, I work in a different industry than audio, but have to imagine code engineers are pretty similar across the board. 

Gotcha. Thanks!

Stayed on the phone with support for an hour and a half. Multiple diagnostics , router reset, etc. only to be told contact my isp to use another WiFi channel. Problem is I had zero issues until 10 days ago and all my other products work fine. Hey Sonos, if you don’t have a fix, don’t just push people to “It’s your ISP”. Wrong answer.