Answered

MOVE not connecting

• 29 February 2024
  • 4 replies

My sonos move is not connecting when im trying to broadcast music to it. Ive registered it multiple times in the sonos app and its not working. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 4 March 2024, 13:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @photowalker123, welcome to the Sonos Community!

So the community and I can help, we’ll need a bit more information from you. Does the Move show in your Sonos app and if it does, is there a ‘not connected’ status message? From looking into your system I can see that it is online and connected, but if it’s not showing in the app then that could indicate wireless interference or network issues.

I’d recommend having a look into our article on reducing wireless interference and following the steps listed there. I’d also suggest making sure your network meets our requirements and doesn’t have any unsupported devices or is an unsupported setup. If you have one, try a different device such as another phone, tablet, or computer when attempting playback to see if this allows you to play to the Move.

You said you registered the Move multiple times, which I assume means you’ve Factory Reset it. If so, I would advise against any further resets as they delete valuable diagnostics information and wont help if the issue is caused by wireless interference or network issues.

If you can reply back after following the articles listed, and with additional information if they don’t help, the community and I can provide more detailed assistance.

I hope this information helps!

Once i register the product again in the sonos app, it then disappears. I used to be able to be in apple music and click which speaker i wanted it to go to. Now that one is missing all the time. So then i add the product and it happens again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @photowalker123,

When the Move disappears from the Sonos app, is there any error message associated with it or does it just not show in the app anymore? Also, what colour is the LED status light on top of the Move when it does disappear, is it a solid white or a different colour?

I assumed this was a network related issue, but I’ve never seen speakers disappear as soon as they’re added. If you do have any additional networking equipment besides your Router, then try powering them off as a test to see if your Move shows in the Sonos app.

If you don’t have any extra equipment, then please reach out to our support team for further assistance. They have the necessary tools to help troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!

No error. It isnt showing up at all. This is happening with my OUTSIDE AMP thats in the backyard too. I will test them and reset the network. :) thank you so much!