Answered

Move fell from 45 cm to carpet, now malfunctioning.

• 7 April 2024
  • 6 replies

My son placed the Move on a soft surface and walked away, then we heard a thump a little while later.

After this happened, we have the following issues:

-Sound quiet and muffled.

-No light on top panel, touch buttons unresponsive.

I managed to reset the move with no blinking lights to guide me, however upon re-adding to my system it could not be registered due to an app being out of date. However my Android app is up to date.

I have a strong suspicion that there’s internal damage or the factory reset would have worked. What are my options from here? Any advice appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 April 2024, 07:29

View original

6 replies

Your only choice at this point is to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. Unfortunately, there is no ‘authorized’ repair network. 

Thanks, I’ll get in touch tomorrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Move has a removable battery hasn’t it? Maybe try to remove and reinsert it?

Here’s how to remove/re-instate the Move battery;

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/replace-the-battery-in-your-sonos-move

You just need an Allen/Hex key and something thin to lift the rubber, like a plectrum for example, or similar. I have done it myself in the past and it was easy to do. It also does not affect the Sonos warranty (if applicable).

Thanks guys I’ll do this first.

Removing and reinstalling the battery didn’t change anything unfortunately so I’ll contact Sonos. Thanks again for the suggestions.