Answered

Move charger

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 101 replies

Greetings Forum-users👋

For the one’s that “are familliar” with me and my Sonos…i have now placed two Roam in my bathroom. I have been using them at grannys place but then i bought a couple of Ikea Symfonisk Lamp’s. Anyway….

I have not been able to find a good spot for the Roam’s in the bathroom. I have placed them in a small window. They are set-up as stereopair just as an info. But(oh no,here he goes again😆😆😆) i’m not comfy with the sound(performance). Not that i’m suppose to creating a discoteque in my shower i think it’s a little doll. It might be that i should try move the Roam’s closer to the glass-corner where the shower is. For that i need some wall-mounts,and i’m pretty sure i’m not getting around the issue that i need to drill a whole in the wall for this mount to be. The Roam’s IS going to be ON the charger allways. Not gonna place them on this mount only when i’m in the shower.

Then i start thinking: Why not try two Move’s(gen2) in stead. Buy two orginal Hooks and screw them to the wall. So my wonders this time: The charger/ring that are included with the Move….it’s magnetic right? So i can just hang the Move on the hook and put the charger under it in “thin air”. Or to solve this….i just plug it in via the USB-C connector. 

Be Well🤜

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 14 March 2024, 19:16

View original

14 replies

For reference, this is what I did for my bathroom. Roams are mounted high on a mall bracket and piece of wood.  The USB wire is hidden behind the mirror frame, which I added at the same.  The frame was added at the same time, it’s just pvc cut to size, spray painted, and attached to the mirror with double sided tape.

They are mounted high because I wanted them off the counter, and other things were in the way.  I’ve never felt that the audio wasn’t good enough for in the shower or anything, but I also thought the audio was good with speakers sitting on the counter.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#melvimble

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#melvimble

How i would like it to be…

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

My problem here as in the secound picture i need to glue a plate or a 3D-printed mount where i can put the wireless charger in for the Roam. Don’t worry bout the cable…i got that sorted out. As in the picture they are bearly balanced and the moment i play some tunes they will fall down. But i’m really thinking of use a set of Move’s instead. And the Ikea Dirigera-set isn’t orderd yet,but it’s on my shopping-list…..then i will have quick volume-control while i’m showering.Just to clearefy. I need to glue or use silicone to mount something on top of each glass-door hinge and then the wireless charger on that piece.

My problem here as in the secound picture i need to glue a plate or a 3D-printed mount where i can put the wireless charger in for the Roam. Don’t worry bout the cable…i got that sorted out. As in the picture they are bearly balanced and the moment i play some tunes they will fall down. But i’m really thinking of use a set of Move’s instead. And the Ikea Dirigera-set isn’t orderd yet,but it’s on my shopping-list…..then i will have quick volume-control while i’m showering.Just to clearefy. I need to glue or use silicone to mount something on top of each glass-door hinge and then the wireless charger on that piece.

I would not want to drill into tile, so I would be looking to use some sort of adhesive.  Because of the weight of the Roam vs Move, I’d be much more comfortable using Roams. I don’t use a wireless charger for mine as I rarely take them off the ‘mount’.

This thing might be a great option for you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

…..but anyway,i’m still wondering if the charger-dock-ring is magnetic for the Sonos Move/gen2

Userlevel 7

…..but anyway,i’m still wondering if the charger-dock-ring is magnetic for the Sonos Move/gen2

The Move 2 charger is not “magnetic”. It does not attach unaided to a suspended Move.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Mr.T

Thanx for the info… Dangit,then i either need a shelf to put it on or i need to use a USB-C connector. And for this info i rather use Era100-stereopair…it’s cheeper even with a wallmount. Oh’boy,this was a bit stupid. 

Anyone know if the Beam Gen2 is ip-something rated for damp inviroment? The Ray is ported so it’s a no-go….

There’s nothing listed on the sales page, my assumption is if it’s not listed, it doesn’t exist (no ip rating to mention). Which tracks, I’m not sure you’d want a TV in a wet environment. Or certainly not enough sales for that type of device to put in the effort to make it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Just an update on this thread…

Two days ago i mounted my two Sonos Roam’s like in the secound pic use a 3D-printed wallmount witch i used double-side tape to stick them on the wall above the glass-door.

I got some issues now: First of all,for some reason i do not like the performance of rhe Roam’s here in this room. I took a shower while listening to a album from Enigma. I had to put it on 70% volume and i still did not think it was an acceptable volume🤨….

Problem two: For some reason one of my two stereo-paired Roam is continuing having “connection-issue”. In the S2 app it does not show my Bathroom where the Roam’s are. It’s no use try finish the S2 app and then open it again. I take down one of the Roam and put it in sleep,and then awaken it….then it appears in the app again,but sometimes it’s missing the right or left Roam(a tool under the missing one). It appear to be the standard Roam(the other is an SL) that got this issue. I did try reset both of the Roam but the problem is coming back. Is this “normal” for the Roam.

So i’m thinking i might be looking for two Move’s in the future….just need to find a good&safe way to mount them to the wall cause they are much heavier than the Roam.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all of you Good People👋

Just a little update here. 
Since last post here i purcased a secound hand white Move Gen 1,and i’ve put it up in a small window in my bathroom. It’s on it’s charger all the time. And now i got the Ikea Dirigera hub and two volume-knobs. One is a “rotary” style perhaps the 1.gen witch i placed inside the shower-cabinet so i can control the volume on my Roam stereopair. Tha other volume-control i mount along with the lightswitch. I have the Roam’s and the Move bounded together.

At first listening to the Move i was not excited. The sound was crappy. Allmost no bass and it was not smooth at all. I went in the settings try adjust EQ(Treble’n Bass) but nothing change it….untill i turned OFF trueplay. Then everything changed. So now it’s ok.

But i’m seriously thinking if getting another Move Gen 1 and replace the Roam stereopair. The only thing stopping is how to mount them where i have the Roam today. I do not wanna drill any holes in the wall for a mount. The Move is quite heavy so no double-side tape will hold it. Need to think it carefully over.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

At first listening to the Move i was not excited. The sound was crappy. Allmost no bass and it was not smooth at all. I went in the settings try adjust EQ(Treble’n Bass) but nothing change it….untill i turned OFF trueplay. Then everything changed. So now it’s ok.

With all those hard surfaces in a relatively small space, you are going to get a lot of of audio reflections.  I’m guessing, but I can see where that would make it difficult for the auto trueplay to properly find the right setting for the room.