Move 2 vs 2 Moves

• 27 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone have thoughts on the acoustic differences between the Move 2 and having 2 of the Move 1s setup in stereo?

Thanks,

Mike

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

That’s a bit vague.  The move 2 has to tweeters and is therefore capable of playing a stereo imagine on is  own (at least over a certain frequency range), but does not provide the physical separation you want from stereo.  The original Move is just 1 tweeter, mono, on it’s own.  You get stereo with a pair of them, but whether that’s better than a Move 2 on it’s own depends on the actual placement of a pair of Moves.

In general though, I’d say in order of best to worst..

1- Pair of Move 2s

2 - Pair of Moves

3 - Single Move 2

4 - Single Move 

All of these have auto trueplay. I personally have just a single Move and and very happy with it for the use cases I have for it. 

There are also differences in functionality that may have an impact on which is better for you, but that was not the scope of your question.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just received my move 2 and although it is stereo, in terms of sound it is not a big difference from the previous one, very disappointed with the sound of the move2, I imagined a noticeable difference, so I would prefer two sonos as a stereo pair to the new one sonos move 2

So I have 2 Roams and when I paired them to stereo pair, the sound quality upgrade was amazing :) now I am thinking if Move 2 would be worth, cause I already have one Move 1 and I would love to have Move sound in stereo. Also is much cheaper then selling Move 1 and buy 2x Move 2. So I think I will go with Move 1 + Move 1 setup :) not sure yet how stereo Roams would play together with stereo Moves, but when I combine 3 of them now, the sound is pretty nice so I look forward to try 2 sets of stereos together :) will ping you guys when I try, probably in February ;) 

Badge +1

The setup of Move 1 + Move 1 in stereo with a Roam creates an impressive sound for smaller spaces. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Two Move 2s. Pay the extra, believe me it’s worth it. I have two of both. Side by side a pair of move 2s blow the Move 1s out of the water. This is from someone who thought the Move 1 pair was superb. 

The there is the extra battery life.