Move 2: Trueplay volume problem

• 14 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I recently got a Move 2 and have had a recurring issue when Automatic TruePlay is enabled.

It’s especially noticeable at low volumes: there will be frequent half-second swells in volume before the level returns to what it was before. It’s very bad with ambient music; it will be peacefully humming along, then there’s a sudden spike in volume before returning to normal.

It happens on any song, at any part of the song; it isn’t repetitive or triggered by a specific track.

It doesn’t happen if I disable Automatic Trueplay.

It sounds like for whatever reason, the algorithm that balances Trueplay suddenly thinks “I need to turn up the volume,” then the mics feed back and it lowers it quickly to the previous level.

The odd thing is that this doesn’t happen on the original Move. I had a Move placed in the exact same position in our kitchen for over 3 years, and this never happened. As soon as I swapped in a Move 2, I started noticing it.

So either there’s a difference in how the Move 2 calculates Automatic Trueplay, or my Move 2 is defective.

Has anyone else noticed this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Oh, I should add that I’ve already done a round of chat support. They looked at my submitted diagnostics and saw no issues in them. So I’m checking here before having to get on the phone for a more time-consuming process.