Answered

How to keep Roam connected?

• 9 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I set up my Roam via my Sonos system + home wifi but I am a landscaper and toss it in my bag daily and I would say one out of every 10 days it actually works. It is a NIGHTMARE product.

Has anyone figured out how to keep it paired to your iphone? I usually can’t re-pair it unless I’m on the homeowners wifi, and even then it sometimes doesn’t work. I also shouldn’t be asking strangers for wifi passwords to play music for our team. It’s insane.

Often when it’s paired and playing, it will just drop suddenly and not reconnect for the rest of the day - and no it’s not dead. 

Anyway, I’ve learned that I have to re-pair it to my phone in the AM before I leave for work EVERY MORNING and carry it into gas stations, nurseries, etc (keep it on my person essentially) in order for it to not disconnect because if it loses the pairing, we don’t have music for the whole day.

☠️ 

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 10 May 2023, 11:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @laurendubinsky,

I’m sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your Sonos Roam. Personally I don’t often use it outside, but haven’t experienced any issues when I want to pair it with my phone for the occasional stroll.

I use my Sonos Roam as a PC speaker, via Bluetooth and have enabled the “Always Auto-Connect" option from the Sonos App.

This way, whenever I turn on my PC, Sonos Roam automatically connects without the need for manual pairing.

You can set Roam to automatically reconnect to its most recent Bluetooth device. This setting is off by default, but can be turned on in the Settings tab under System → Roam → Bluetooth → Always Auto-Connect.

In the following article “Pair Sonos Roam with Bluetooth" you will find all the different scenarios you might come across.

Often when it’s paired and playing, it will just drop suddenly and not reconnect for the rest of the day - and no it’s not dead. 

Could this be because the phone is not traceable via Bluetooth unless configured via phone settings?

After the Sonos Roam drops, what is the status of the LED light? By pressing the back button and holding for 2 seconds, it should start the pairing mode.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any questions.