Answered

Having issues connecting to Sonos Roam

• 6 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I am having trouble connecting to my Sonos Roam. My husband just got it for me and I was able to connect after opening it. But I could only listen to music in Sonos App. When I try to connect via Bluetooth, I hold the power button for over 5 minutes and still the light does not show up. Then after trying that it did not connect to my WiFi anymore. I reset my router but now I cannot connect. I hold down the play and forward button like instructed in the set up, but still nothing connects. Should I just take it back to the store and get a JBL or something?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 November 2021, 05:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

When you power on the Roam, what color is the light above the Sonos logo?

Honestly I don’t even know when it’s on or off. It makes no sounds. Just a blinking orange light at the bottom, the opposite side of where the Sonos sign is. The one time I was able to connect via Bluetooth, the light was white. But right now, no light.

Userlevel 7

Charge the Roam using the supplied charging cable for about 10 minutes then open the Sonos app to see if the Roam is detected by tapping the System icon (bottom middle icon). If you don’t see it listed in the app, reset the Roam by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the power button on the back of your Roam for 5 seconds to power it off. You will hear a chime and the status LED on the front will turn off.
  2. While holding the Play/Pause button, press and release the power button on the back of your Roam.
  3. Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light on the front flashes orange and white.
  4. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Roam is ready to be set up.

Then redo the setup process in the Sonos app. After the Roam is set up and you can see it in the Sonos app, put it on Bluetooth pairing mode by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the power button on the back of Roam for two seconds, then release. You will hear the pairing tone and the status LED on the front will start flashing blue.
  2. Go to your device’s Bluetooth settings and select Roam from the device list.
  3. When successfully paired, you’ll hear another tone and the status LED will change to solid blue.

Read more about what the Sonos LED lights mean:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226?language=en_US