Skip to main content
Question

connecting Roam to new network

• 18 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve got 2 Roam speakers that I use at home. I’m staying at a friend’s place for a couple of weeks and want to set the speakers up here. I’ve recently got a new phone, I installed the Sonos app, but have never used it. 

I’ve tried to use the app to set the Roams up on the new network, and although I’m signed into my Sonos account on the app, it doesn’t seem to have any details of my speakers. I therefore don’t see the “system” to be able to update it with the new network details. 

I’ve tried adding speakers to the app, but the app seams unable to discover them. 

Any ideas on how this should work?  Should I have connected to the speakers at home with the app on my new phone before coming away?  

1 reply

Quick update…. I’ve taken the speakers back home, connected them to the Sonos app on my new phone, updated the firmware and successfully played some music. Coming back to the friend’s house I was hoping that the app would remember them and connect them to the new network. But no luck. They still don’t show up in the app, and it is unable to find them to connect them to the new network. Does anyone have any idea how this is supposed to work?  All the articles I read are from years ago and refer to previous versions of the app.