Answered

Compatibility between Move and Move 2 charging rings

• 20 March 2024
  • 5 replies

I am thinking of buying a pair of Move 2. I know that the charging ring has been updated. Is there any compatibility between the two rings?

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 20 March 2024, 19:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

The charging base for the Move 2 works with both models. But I’m not certain if the charging base for the original Move works with the Move 2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I am thinking of buying a pair of Move 2. I know that the charging ring has been updated. Is there any compatibility between the two rings?

No, they aren’t compatible. 
The charging unit for Move 1 delivers 18V and for Move2 15V. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Edit by Schlumpf

…look below

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Unka Johnny

Sorry for the last edited post… I thought Move 2 can‘t be powered with 18V, but obviously it can, though its original power adapter delivers a maximum of 15V. 

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/move-2?utm_campaign=rta_sonos_search_de_brand_consolidated&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_content=rta_sonos_search_de_brand_consolidated&utm_term=sonos+move+2&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjoukvbqDhQMV2KloCR2B_wwJEAAYASAAEgJEPvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

See FAQs…

On the strength of those replies I have gone ahead and ordered two Move 2 units. Thanks for the assist. I shall know when my speakers arrive next Monday if I was well advised!