Answered

Cannot control Move 2 via Sonos app

• 10 January 2024
  • 4 replies

I am having trouble playing music on my new Move 2 via the Sonos app. I have 2x Era 300, a Roam, and a Move 2 all connected to the same Wi-Fi network. When I attempt to play music through the Sonos app, the sound only comes from the Era 300 and the Roam, but not the Move 2. The Move 2's status on the app shows as connected. However, when I switch to Apple AirPlay, it works.

Note: I added Move 2 to the system last night, and it worked with the app just fine. The dropout issue occurred this morning.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 11 January 2024, 04:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Are you selecting the Room for the Move when you want to play something on it, or is it Grouped with your other Sonos?

Are you selecting the Room for the Move when you want to play something on it, or is it Grouped with your other Sonos?

It is grouped with other Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d power down all Sonos, reboot your router and power the Sonos back up to see if it clears the problem.

If it does but the problem keeps happening you can usually avoid it by setting static/reserved IP addresses for the Sonos devices from your router’s DHCP settings page.

I guess the issue isn't related to the local network. However, I resolved it by instructing Alexa, through the Alexa app, to play music on my Sonos. After the request is fulfilled, the voice control starts working again. The command must be executed within the Alexa app, not through voice control.