Question

Cannot connect Sonos Move to network

• 27 July 2020
  • 7 replies

I moved the Sonos to a new house/wifi but am unable to connect. I have tried the app and after recognising the Sonos Move, it asks me to enter to details of the wifi to which it should be eonnected to and then after a while, it says there was an error and couldn't connect. I have tried reinstalling the app on the phone, tried the app on a different phone, tried keeping Move next to router, reset Move etc etc with no success. I have also tried installing the old Sonos S1 app and tried but without success. 

Any ideas on what I could do/try?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does it give any clue as to what error the Move encounters?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you follow the steps in this post: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

Did you follow the steps in this post: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

Hi Thanks. Yes those are the instructions I followed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Are you connecting to a 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz wi-fi? In your new location, what is your wi-fi setup?

Are you connecting to a 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz wi-fi? In your new location, what is your wi-fi setup?

My Wifi is a Google Nest Wifi. It has both 5 and 2.4Ghz. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is the Move your only Sonos device?

My Wifi is a Google Nest Wifi. It has both 5 and 2.4Ghz. 

Temporarily switch off the Nest satellites and connect the mobile controller to the primary hub and then follow the below (assuming you have not factory reset the Move)…

1. Having connected your mobile device to the new WiFi network.
  2. Open the Sonos app and wait while it searches for your Sonos system.
    • If the app shows “We can’t connect to Sonos,” tap This isn’t working.
  3. Tap More Options, then Update Wi-Fi Settings.
  4. Follow the instructions to connect your Move to the new WiFi network.

After setup, switch on the Nest satellites.

Hope that works for you.