Answered

Can the Audio-Technica AT-LP3XBT turntable connect to the Sonos Move via Bluetooth?

• 3 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Can the Audio-Technica AT-LP3XBT turntable connect to the Sonos Move via Bluetooth?

icon

Best answer by Bezy74 3 July 2023, 05:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes.

Thank you for the response. I have been unsuccessful so far. Have entered pairing mode on the Move (flashing blue light) and pairing mode on the turntable (flashing blue/red light) but no connection. Turntable connects to Wonderboom immediately and iPhone connects to Move immediately. But cannot get turntable and Move to connect. Any tricks or suggestions would be very appreciated!

Userlevel 7

Shut down the Wonderboom completely and turn off Bluetooth on your phone. Then reboot the Move by following these steps:

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

Then put both the Move and turntable in Bluetooth pairing mode and place the Move as close to the turntable as possible.

Appreciate your help GuitarSuperstar, but no luck. I have the hi-fi store (who sold me both items yesterday) simulating the pairing process  with stock items in the shop as we speak. It shouldn’t be this hard. Can someone from Sonos weigh into this discussion as there is a lot floating around the web about issues with connecting turntables to the Move.

Userlevel 7

I have a Sony Bluetooth turntable that pairs with my Move very easily. Try unplugging the turntable from power for a couple of minutes. Put the turntable into pairing mode first. Then place the Move right next to the turntable and put the Move in pairing mode.

The final word on this from the reputable hi-fi store is that there is a definite compatibility issue. They were able to pair them after using some third party firmware but it was clunky and not user-friendly. Then after 2-3 minutes it dropped out and they were back to square one. They have recommended not to use Sonos Move with this particular AT turntable, so I am returning and will replace with a compatible speaker.